6.18.2005

Agreement

I agree with Mr. Bush. Amazed yet? I agree with his statement that "all of us can agree that the world's terrorists have now made Iraq a central front in the war on terror." He's right, and here's why.

The people are terrified! I don't blame them one bit. If the largest military in the world rolls into my country, throws candy at my kids on the streets and then starts bombing my neighborhood I'd be full of terror, too. I imagine I might also be a tiny bit confused. Confused as to why the military was there in the first place. That confusion isn't just reserved for the Iraqi's either, it's felt around the world. 51% Americans are not only confused now, but disagree with the decision to go into Iraq in the first place, according to a NY Times/CBS poll. Last time I checked 51% is a majority.

Bush was also quoted as saying the war"..will not be accomplished overnight." Which brings up my next question, how many nights is it going to take? I'm waiting for him to jump into an infomercial-type pitch:

"You can have sculpted abs in just SECONDS a day! 1800 seconds a day is all you need! Call now!"

For just nights a year, you can have a war on terror. But thats ok, this won't be a presidential issue in a couple weeks anyway. Just like social security was a huge issue for a couple months, then he realized it wasn't popular and ditched it. But wait, wait a second.. oh yah this is war, shucks. I guess you can't just ditch a war. Gonna hav'ta stick her out I reckon. You have to give credit where its due in the Bush administration though. They completely intrench themselves in a war with no exit strategy, and then fly the flag of stability. Of course you're stable, you're not going anywhere. If I shot myself in the foot I don't think I'd move much either. Now if we could just get him to take his other foot and stick it in his mouth, well then we would be getting somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home