9.25.2006

Quick Guacamole

My newest hobby has become random food projects, and my most recent discovery was guacamole. My buddy Andrew works in produce at the Wild Oats I work at, and this is his recipe:

Start with 3 avocados, 1 lime, 10 sprigs of cilantro, 1 tomato, 1 jalapeno, 1 red onion, salt, pepper, and cumin (optional).



Slice the cilantro to preferred size (I like big chunks of everything).



Squeeze the juice of one lime



Add avocados by cutting them in half, then into squares within the skin. This makes it much easier to scoop out the meat.




Cut the tomato in half, squeezing just the juice of one half, and then cut as many chunks from the other (or both) into the mixture as preferred.



This recipe calls for 1/2 of one red onion, diced. I used the whole onion (and left the chunks big).


Dice the jalapeno into the bowl, as much as you're willing to take. I recommend the whole thing.

Using a fork, begin to mash all the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. I think its best when there are still chunks of avocado left. If all goes well you should get something like this.



And the final product. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathe W. said...

ok-we're in Amsterdam where guacaamole is a mystery.....we've been over here for 3 weeks plus-gotta get back soon and have a burrito!

1:39 PM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home